Cuts and separates used Keurig pods for recycling!!
Recycle A Cup® helps make your K-Cup® pods totally recyclable. A simple solution to a complex problem!
Truth About Single Serve Brewing Coffee.
- Intact K-Cup® pods are not recyclable.
- An estimated 20 billion coffee pods will be consumed within the next year and most will wind up in landfills.
- That’s enough waste to circle the globe nearly 12 times!
- Now, these pods CAN be recycled if the plastic, aluminum and coffee grounds are separated using our Recycle A Cup® cutter.
- In just a few simple steps, you will be able to use the grinds as compost and recycle the rest of the pod…it’s just that simple!
How It Works
Step 1: Load
- Wait for your used K-Cup® pod to cool.
- Load the pod into the cutter.
Step 2: Twist
- Press both green buttons.
- Keep buttons pressed and twist once completely around the pod.
Step 3: Separate
- Release both buttons.
- Remove upper part of the pod from the plastic.
- Recycle & Compost
- Recycle or reuse the plastic pod.
- Recycle the aluminum top.
- Compost the paper and coffee grinds.
Even if you throw out the pod top with the filter still attached, the filter and coffee grinds can now decompose vs. being trapped in the plastic and you are still making a nice environmental contribution.